These certificates are provided by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA), a reputable and independent non-profit organization. To obtain the certificate, the gemstone or ring will be sent to the GIA laboratory for grading. This process typically takes 4-6 weeks in addition to the standard production time. For gemstones that are already set in the ring, their carat weight will be approximated since they cannot be individually weighed. For standard report, depending on the type of diamond, the report received could either be the Diamond Dossier Report or the Diamond Grading Report. As for sapphires, the standard report will be the Colored Stone Identification Report.
- Diamond Dossier Report: Full 4Cs assessment. GIA report number laser inscription included. For loose, natural D-to-Z color diamonds only, weighing 0.15 -1.99 carats.
- Diamond Grading Report: Full 4Cs assessment with a plotted clarity diagram. For loose, natural D-to-Z color diamonds only, weighing 0.15 carats or more.
- Diamond Grading & Origin report: Full 4Cs assessment with a plotted clarity diagram, geographic origin, and GIA report number laser inscription. For loose, natural D-to-Z color diamonds only, weighing 0.15 carats or more that were submitted for rough analysis.
- Colored Stone Identification Report: Identifies and describes a material and lists detectable treatments. For any polished, rough, loose, or mounted material.
- Colored Stone Identification & Origin Report: includes all information provided on the Identification Report plus the geographic origin of the stone, if determinable.